Client Care Specialist – Summer 2020 – Full time
The role of our Client Care Specialist is to perform a variety of client-centric tasks in a manner that is positive, courteous, professional, and efficient. At Main Street you must be motivated to help others in a compassionate and caring way. We strive to deliver highly personalized service for our clients and patients at every opportunity. We are a busy and growing small animal veterinary clinic that holds ourselves accountable to a high standard of care.
Primary responsibilities of this role include answering telephones and email, greeting clients and patients in a genuine manner, providing education on services, products and related information, maintaining patient records, payment processing and billing, as well as other miscellaneous administrative support, as required. You must be able to multitask effectively, enjoy problem solving and adapt to change easily. The Client Care Specialist also assists the team with day to day tasks such as filling prescriptions, occasional examination room assistance (including animal restraint), and inventory management.
- Relevant experience with basic office functions in a fast-paced office environment
- Computer and keyboarding skills are required, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, database or medical office type software, and communication tools including email
- Demonstrate excellent telephone etiquette and organization skills
- Be detail oriented, adaptable and a client focused team player
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be a resourceful problem solver
- Be self-directed, goal oriented and able to manage time and priorities
- Express a genuine liking for companion animals and for working in an animal care environment
- A commitment to continuing education and a lifelong learner
- Previous experience in a client service role is necessary
- Experience with popular social media platforms is an asset
- Veterinary clinic experience and/or knowledge of medical terminology is ideal, but not required
We practice integrative Veterinary medicine; conventional medicine combined with complementary modalities Traditional Chinese herbal medicine, chiropractic, nutritional therapy, acupuncture, herbal remedies, nutraceuticals and homotoxicology. You must be passionate about wellness. Knowledge of natural health, alternative and holistic modalities and/or natural health products is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Fast paced, busy professional Veterinary hospital environment
- Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting up to 30lbs
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal urine and feces
- A potential to be exposed to scratches, bites and pets with contagious illnesses