Busy Integrative Veterinary office seeking
Part to Full Time RVT
Main Street Veterinary Services is a full-service integrative hospital located in London, Ontario. We are one of just a handful of clinics in the province that practice evidence based, integrative veterinary medicine. Our friendly and inviting practice is in a beautiful mid-century house. We combine the familiar feeling of a home environment with modern hospital amenities, creating an excellent environment for low stress patient experiences.
We are seeking an experienced RVT to join our busy, growing hospital. The ideal candidate will have a strong surgical background, be reliable and personable, exceptionally detailed in their work and have strong technical and communication skills. Our clinic is well established and fast paced. Our RVT’s must be adaptable, flexible and driven to help others in a compassionate and caring way. This position is part time, approximately XX hours/week to start, with the potential to become a full-time role. As an RVT at our practice you must be positive with a commitment to ensure high quality veterinary care is provided with maximum efficiency and a high degree of professionalism.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a small animal general practice
- Proficient phlebotomy skills
- Competent in anesthetic monitoring
- Surgical duties to include (but not limited to) surgical preparation, intubation, induction and monitoring of patients
- Performing nonsurgical dental procedures
- Taking and processing digital radiographs
- Collection of lab samples, performing in house diagnostics (or sending out lab work)
- Administering treatments to hospital patients, preparing prescriptions and discharging surgical patients
- Pre-examination procedures, examination room assistance and animal restraint
- Client education and communication
- Detailed medical record keeping
- Miscellaneous administrative support, as required
- Daily animal husbandry care
- Inventory management and medical supply stocking
- Computer and keyboarding skills, including fluency in Microsoft Office, database or medical office type software, and communication tools including email
- Excellent ability to multi-task and strong organization skills
- Capable of working both independently and as a member of a small team
- Express a genuine liking for companion animals and for working in an animal care environment
- Fast paced, busy professional Veterinary hospital environment
- May involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of heavy to moderately heavy objects and materials
- Standing for prolonged periods of time, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching
- Able to lift 40lbs
- A physical ability to restrain larger pets, when necessary
- May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises, and animal urine and feces
- A potential to be exposed to scratches, bites and pets with contagious illnesses
More about us:
We are passionate about what we do, practicing gold standard medicine for our patients and providing high quality service for our clients. At Main Street, we customize healthcare plans that combine the best of both worlds; conventional medicine with complementary modalities like Traditional Chinese herbal medicine, chiropractic, laser, nutritional therapy, acupuncture, herbal remedies, nutraceuticals and homotoxicology. Our goal is to continually strive for wellness and healing versus merely treating the symptoms.
If you are looking to join a close-knit team of professionals who love what they do and are interested in making a positive impact each day in the lives of others, we would love to hear from you. Strong preference will be given to candidates who have experience or an interest in natural health or alternative medicine.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience. A budget for continuing education, benefits, uniforms and OACT dues is provided. We also provide an excellent staff discount program for your own pet care. Interested candidates should email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] .
We also welcome applications from new RVT graduates who are passionate about holistic health and interested in expanding their knowledge and scope of complementary and alternative medicine. Our unique practice is growing quickly, and in addition to this role there will be RVT opportunities available in the future.